Thursday, October 11, 2007

Andrew's Top 5: Green Lanterns

Hey, why not?



I love Green Lantern. I love the concept. I love Hal. I love Sinestro. There are 7200 Green Lanterns, not including Alan Scott or the fallen, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't count other ones, like Kyle. So I'm counting down my top 5 Lanterns. I'm gonna try to avoid the major Lanterns, meaning I'm nixing the 5 human Lanterns, esspecially Hal, since he'd win otherwise. And I'm keeping them alive, and current members. And green.


5. Arisia



I was never Arisia's biggest fan until very recently. Really, it was her banter with Sodam Yat in the most recent Green Lantern Corps that sold me on her. And the fact that she was the only Lantern to go "I will not kill!", that's awesome. She's very admirable, gotta love her for that. She's also not taking any of Yat's cocky bull shit. She wins for that, although I'm a bit upset with her choice of costume. I mean, come on girl, have some self respect.


4. Mogo



Ah, Mogo. Truly, he is awesome. He's a planet, and the most esssential Lantern there is. He's truly great. His partner Bzzd is fairly cool too, but didn't make this list. Mogo socializes more than he probably should, though.


3. Kilowog

Kilowog, drill sergeant of the corps, and not a cute guy. He's strong, doesn't take any crap, but is still loveable. He's the big pink and green, what's not to love?

2. Salakk

Salakk's fun. He's cynical, pessimistic, hates Guy, and is extremely pedantic. I'd be him if I were a Lantern, honestly. I enjoy him greatly. He hates the Lanterns of Earth, is quite Machiavellian, and is quite possibly the most capable of the Lanterns. Go Salakk!
1. Soranik Natu
Soranik Natu. Newest Lantern from Korugar. She's lovely. Sexy, but not over sexualized. Brilliant (she's a surgeon). Not a stereotype (which is awesome). She's a powerful female character who doesn't take any shit from Iolande (her partner). And she can heal Mogo when he's infected with a virus! Awesome! Sure, she lost her battle to Sinestro, but that doesn't make her any less awesome. She opposes fascism, in every possible way, in a large part out of fear. She's afraid of being like Sinestro, which is admirable, since Korugar doesn't have a good history with Lanterns. Yes, she kinda screwed over her first partner, and yes, she's pissed of Kilowog, but she's a great character, and I personally love her version of the uniform (again, it shows her chest without being overly demeaning, unlike Arisia's). I'll be interested to see how she's able to deal with what Sinestro did to Korugar "for" her after the war, and how Iolande and her deal
with one another. In all, I like the character alot.
Damn right!

No comments: